Anyone used a building notice rather than submitting plans like they did for the tower block?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Why would it involve the architects?

Reply to
dennis

I don't think so and neither does my friend who was a head of building control.

Reply to
dennis

It says FR for the insulation and zinc for the rain cladding.

Reply to
dennis

Well the architects (Studio E) seem to have subbed out the energy related aspects (to Max Fordham) who presumably wouldn't make any changes and re-calculations from the goodness of their heart?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I know

I was asking Huge to clarify where he's seen that the FR version of the cladding had been specified?

Another document forming part of the planning application was an "Engagement Statement"

that mentions (on page 40) "Zinc cladding with polyethylene core FR" which contains obvious snatches of information from here

So it looks like they altered from that product sometime after the 2012 application and the external finishes schedule as part of the discharge of conditions in 2015, where the aluminium Reynobond is specified, but no mention of PE or FR.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Why would the planning department be interested in changes due to building control unless they changed the look of the final structure or affected local access?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

yes planning don't give a shit about building standards matters unless the look is changed ......we approved raised floors in an amendment to a old mill conversion and planning went ballistic because of a balustrade detail changed ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Well, I guess neither of you read the conditions of *this* planning approval, where it's clearly stated as a condition of this approval.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Me arfritis is playing up again, and I dun worn the letters off the keys agaain.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Make you wonder why the planning department doesn't inspect the construction while its being built then doesn't it.

Reply to
dennis