Anyone got a kenwood chef they don't want

I find that bread made with a bread maker always come out with a bit of a "cakey" consistency. To make good (to my taste) you need strong whiter flour and plenty of kneading to "draw" the strands of gluten. This gives it a "bready" rather than "cakey" consistency

Reply to
geoff

No, Watford

but I can use a courier

(email address is valid)

Reply to
geoff

Paying a quid on EBay at least eliminates the obsessive scavengers

Reply to
stuart noble

Kenwood and KitchenAid are both very good - I have one of each - but from the point of view of parts, service, and price, Kenwood is a better choice for UK people, KitchenAid is better for those in the US.

Reply to
S Viemeister

They do stainless steel ones for food, I wouldn't like an orange painted one but I suppose the old concrete would stop the paint peeling.

Reply to
dennis

Wifey bought a K-Mix a few years ago (the trendy new Kenwood - looks like the american kitchenaids) and when I can't be bothered doing it by hand the bread gets done in that.

Nice overnight rise (sourdough starter) and in the oven in the morning. Can't beat it!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I think I didn't write my response very well. Yes, indeed, bread-maker bread certainly tends to the cakey texture. But, at its best, I find it acceptable in terms of texture.

But the ultra-slow, cold rise can result in an excellent texture with relatively little or no kneading. For example, this is one technique:

polygonum

One on ebay just sold for £20 + £16 P&P

Are you the buyer?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

In message , Sam Plusnet writes

Not me, I was just putting feelers out

I've done nothing more than ask here so far

Reply to
geoff

You would need the Mixer and the Dough hook (not standard) Kneading dough is therapeutic ... all you need is flour board and your hands ....

Reply to
Rick Hughes

It's also fantastic at getting your hands clean after a bit of DIY.

All that stuff around & under your fingernails - gone without a speck left behind.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

SWTNFI is at this very moment christening our new Bosch mixer...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

What's it going to be called?

Reply to
polygonum

Not sure yet....it may not be printable! Although she has just doine some bread dough and seems quite happy.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've got one, not planning to part with it.

Expect that an old one will have a failed motor capacitor, but that's an easy fix.

Better than a Kitchenaid (ex-wife has one), I've had to fix that a few times already. One of those was a trivial fix (to uk.d-i-y readers) that Kitchenaid reckoned made it a write-off.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

New toys are always fun.

Reply to