Anyone after a nice ceiling fan?

Its this one;

including the remote

The story so far;

SWMBO said I could choose which one.

I unpacked & assembled it.

SWMBO hated it.

SWMBO bought another one.

I dismantled & re packaged it. Never used, one careful owner, never raced or rallied.

Cheap!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Go on then, how much you floggin for as a 2nd one

Reply to
Bob H

How long have you been married, exactly?

Reply to
Terry Fields

Too long methinks - like most of us

Reply to
usenet2012

What is the difference between one fan and anouther as long as they are quiet and make a breeze that is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do people normally wire these into the lighting cct ?

I know you can fan specific isolators ... a couple I came across were simply taken of wring cct

Also seen lighting strips ... the type you can click in lights and slide to various positions ... they do a click in power outlet, which also assumes power being taken off lighting cct.

I still have in depths of my bits box a bc cap adapter that you fit between bulb and lamp holder .. and provides a 2 pin socket .... very popular in bedsits with few sockets. I guess they are no longer legal.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Yup

You normally need three pole isolators for extractor fans in bathrooms etc, since they have both permanent and switched live inputs as well as neutral.

You mean like track lights? (quite a few are 12V though - so the feed unit goes to a transformer)

There were discontinued years ago. Main problems being the (mechanical) strain they put on pendants, and they were very open to electrical abuse as well. Armed with a BC base to flex adaptor folks used them to power all sorts of stuff, and that meant no control over polarity, no earthing, and frequently overloaded pendant downleads etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

My earliest memory of them was someone with a Y-shaped lamp adaptor - the bulb in one fork, and the smoothing iron in the other. Meant you could see what you were ironing. And it kept the iron's flex up rather than around your feet. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

I remember these - somewhere I have in my boxes of bits a multitude of type s of these; plugs tom fit BC sockets and wire to twin flex; adaptors from B C to 5amp 2 pole round pin; and adaptors with a BC plug and two BC sockets, sometimes with one of the sockets switched. I don't think I've used any of these since I moved out of my parents' house years ago, I just keep them in my pile of interesting antiques...

Reply to
docholliday93

Hahahaha.... sorry!

Can't you return it to TLC?

If not - ebay it: you'll likely even find some muppet wil give you more than you paid for it...

Reply to
Lobster

Long enough to know better.......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

About £70.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ARW

LOL!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Where is the pic of the second one?

Reply to
F Murtz

It does look more like the nose of a spitfire than most ceiling fans, and few SHMBO's are likely to appreciate that ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Could also be confused with a tit on the underside... but then again, also unlikely to impress!

Reply to
John Rumm