Nice deal on a lathe, perhaps even a gloat

Brought home a new lathe last night, a Grizzly model G1495

Found it on Craig's List; the seller had bought it for a project that never materialized, and he never used it even *once*. He dropped over $1200 on the lathe and accessories, including a nice set of 6 starter chisels and one *really* nice Hamlet chisel (made in Sheffield), cleaned off all the shipping grease (and if you've ever bought a Grizzly machine you know what a PAIN that is), fully assembled the monster, then sold it to me for $700. I'm very happy to FINALLY have a lathe, and I'm on my way down that slippery slope... Wheee!

Reply to
Steve Turner

Bill

Yeah... You suck.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Welcome to latheland and nice score!

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm surprised that nobody noted the irony of your last name. Come on now, Turner????

Is there a more appropriate surname for a wood turner?? :-)

You have definitely gone over to the dark side.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Jeeeez. I have an elderly Sears model that I would have sold you for the same price. As it is, I will trade you even up. Howzatgrabyuh?

mahalo, jo4hn

p.s. You suck.

Reply to
jo4hn

Yes, for SO many years I've held my head in shame because I haven't been living up to my namesake. Finally I'm SOMEBODY!

Reply to
Steve Turner

One word: Brake Cleaner

Reply to