anybody still have a working BBC computer ?

Oh indeed.
Point I was making was that an ADFS formatted floppy with text files won't read on a PC.
A RPC will read both ADFS and DOS formatted floppies.
--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Nonsense.
http://www.g7jjf.com/adfs_explorer.htm
I've used this extensively, works perfectly.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

But why would I pay for software I'd never use?
--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Jeez.
You said, quote, "an ADFS formatted floppy with text files won't read on a PC." I posted a link to software that allows this, disproving what you said.
And this isn't for your benefit, it's for anyone in a similar situation, wanting to access files on BBC micro discs in a PC.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

You don't seem to have come back to this, but I'd certainly be willing to transfer it to a CD or whatever, if my RPC can read it.
Contact me by email - address at the bottom of the post and note the spam trap.
--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

the total files would be very small ... could simply email them to me ... couple of hundred kb at most

No problem, then.
--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *

A follow up .... in conclusion.
Contrary to what some though the magnetic media was fine, one of our erstwhile contributors took the disks from me - plugged them in and they read fine .... I now have all the files.
So 3.5" diskettes are certainly good after not being used for 27 yrs !
Storage was simply being stuck in top draw in my study.
Thanks also to the other members who offered to help - I took up the first responder :-)