Any Ideas where I can find a router cutter that....

Wonder if anyone can help I am looking for a router cutter to cut a rebate of 18mm wide by 18mm deep but cant seem to find when anywhere most grovers or biscuit cutter bits seems limited to 12.5mm depths max and while I could go narrower and do multiple passes I cant think of a way to get the depth.

For information the grove is to be cut in an enclosed cut-out so use of a normal router with the work piece on edge wont go. Neither will a spindle moulder with a wobble saw.

Anyone any ideas please?

Reply to
JD

I've got a 12 piece (1/4") set from Wickes which contains an 18mm x 22mm deep. I can't remember when I bought it or the price but the Wickes code is W 505 106 W.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I take it you want an actual groove in the internal edge, and not just a rebate then? The latter could be achieved with a non bearing guided rebate cutter and a straight edge to guide the router.

If you need an actual groove, then you need a cutter with a big diameter to give you the rebate depth. They are available, but you may not like the price!

(you would need a slightly larger bearing on it to get exactly 18mm depth)

Oh, slightly cheaper here:

John Rumm