Venting multiple appliances

Hi,

I am planning to install ducting for a tumble drier, bathroom extractor, and cooker hood. I would like to make the connections using T Pieces so it is one long run with hoses connecting to it. I don't know if this is OK with building regs, or whether there are requirements for hoses, valves etc.

Does anyone know?

Reply to
u32dw

You might like to have a look at the following link:

Charlie

Doesn't help with the question, but if you are looking for a source, try BES Ltd. for on-line or mail order. I searched for ages trying to get some light weight plastic duct. Domus ventilation would only supply distributors and distributors didn't keep a decent enough range of bits.

Too many people are happy to buy the shed stocked concertina style flexi duct when routing through lofts etc. As a result, they end up with a fan that does next to nothing other than make an annoying wirring noise.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

According to the fire brigade they like the cooker hood extractor pipe cased with in a fireproof box to prevent a fire in the hood (quite common apparently, set fire to pan on stove, flames set fire to hood) getting out to the rest of the building, especially if the pipe is in the ceiling.

My kitchen hood extractor pipe is in the ceiling in a box made from two layers of 15mm plasterboard with gaps sealed with intumescent mastic.

Reply to
Ian_m

Hi, I have a similar problem, we have two shower / light fans linked together and they seem incredibly weak, no valve either and our bathrooms have no windows. I am wondering whether this is covered by the regs too, if you do find out can you post pls?

Cheers.

Reply to
n0tail

On 22 Feb 2007 13:30:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com mused:

They should have backdraught shutters fitted if the fans don't have them built in as the one bathroom will just vent into the other one rather than to the outside.

Reply to
Lurch