hob and extractor electrics

I am planning on fitting a new gas hob and extractor hood in my new house, and have a few questions abou the electrical regs/requirements.

I have a cooker switch with a socket on the wall. It is near the cooker, but a wall unit has been fitted over it, with the back missing

- so that the switch is accessible through the wall unit. Is this legal/acceptible?

I need to wire both the extractor and hob somewhere, and there are no immediately reachable sockets. Could I plug them both via an adaptor or

2 gang extension into the cooker point's socket?

Wherever I do plug them, I want to hide the cables. Is it acceptioble to chase the cables into the wall, then bring them out near where they plug in?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Reply to
Fitting a hob and extractor el

From the sounds of it I wouldnt attempt this yourself get someone professional in. In my understanding:

1)Chasing a cable then terminating in a plug is not acceptable. The acceptable way would be to run a spur from your ring main to power the extractor, as for the hob there should be a exit point for behnind the over (If you have one) where you can connect the hob to as well, as depending on if its electric or gas, if its elec you need to be careful that it isnt overloaded if its gas get a corgi bloke out. "Fitting a hob and extractor electrics" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
Oliver