any advice on finishing laminate floor beading?

I've scoured the web but can't find any advice on the best way of finishing off the beading, i've gone for a small wedge shaped piece instead of the usual quarter round as it's something different, whats the best way of finishing the edges say where it meets the architave of the doorframe etc rather than just having it stop dead.

Many thanks,

Martin.

Reply to
jew90

To be honest Martin, there isn't a good way to finish beading. Any cut will reveal the MDF core.

Best to remove the skirting & replace it afterwards.

You can finish in an inward mitre, then cut a double mitred piece to fit in, but it requires some really delicate mitre cutting.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

I used pine strip for beading (I had quite wide gaps all round and used a convex type) and simply rounded the ends with a Surform.

HTH,

Reply to
Kenny

I always mitre it and put a short mitre return at the end, if you see what I mean.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thats what I do as well, and with any dado style bits and coving that meet an "open end" neatens things up niceley

Reply to
Staffbull