Another kettle question

I discovered some minor chips on my kettle. I also discovered that the kettle is the same colour as my car. I used a car touch-up paint pen to repair the kettle. Is this inspirational or likely to end badly?

Reply to
Scott

The paint is highly toxic and you will suffer immeasurable agony for days before your inevitable demise.

Correction: Nah, you'll be fine.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

automotive-paint-bake-cycle up to 180C so it should handle boiling water once cured

alan_m

I doubt whether the average chip repair paint gets subjected to 198 deg. bake cycles, so may well have a different formula from the paint used in paintshops.

Reply to
Davey

Correction: "...to 180 deg. bake cycles..."

Reply to
Davey