Another connector Q

I had tagged this on at end of previous threat ... but thought I promote it to its own thread as it may have been missed.

I have another (very good) CTEK charger, does anyone know if you can get these CTEK plug & sockets ...

tried Googling and can only find them made up in cables by CTEK

I could then change the connectors on my RING charger to CTEK type and at least then have standard connections.

Accept a solution is to buy the extension lead and the 56-689 adapter .... but together these would be £18 ... pretty pricey.

Asked CTEK ... they just point me to accessory leads.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

A shame none of the 5 pictures have a good large picture of the connector.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Rick Hughes writes

I know this is bad form, but maybe it's not a total hijack of the thread.

I've been thinking of standardising on Anderson connectors so that with one massive extension cable I could:

  1. Charge either car in the rain from a charger in the garage
  2. Power the 12v towbar mounted winch from the battery at the front of the car. I think it peaks at about 60amps.
  3. Power a tyre pump at some distance from the car for trailer tyres etc. (I burnt my hand on the Aldi 4cigar lighter thing that I used as an extension lead for this)
  4. Stop the family borrowing my chargers. I had a flat battery last week and all 3 chargers were lent out.
  5. Possibly use any old drills that have dead 12volt batteries.

I don't know much about and have never used Anderson connectors. Is there a connection standard ie which side is always + ?. Is there anything better?

Reply to
Bill

Why not use a standard extension lead and make short leads with the differe nt connectors on one end and a connection for you standard lead on the othe r.

We use this type of arrangement for water hoses for filling water tank on b oat. Every jetty or marina seems to have a different type of tap so we just have 600mm lengths of hose with the various tap connections on one end and a hozelock connector on the other

Reply to
fred

If you hover mouse over them they do zoom

Reply to
Rick Hughes