immersion heater thermostat cut out button

Hi I have a solid fuel rayburn unpressurized gravity system with immersion hea ter back up for summer use when the rayburns not in use. When the rayburns running the hot water can get very hot, enough to cause the immersion therm ostat cut out button to operate, this is a real pain as I have to reset it in order to use the immersion. Is it possible to still obtain thermostats w ithout safety cut out buttons?

Reply to
rog

Hi I have a solid fuel rayburn unpressurized gravity system with immersion hea ter back up for summer use when the rayburns not in use. When the rayburns running the hot water can get very hot, enough to cause the immersion therm ostat cut out button to operate, this is a real pain as I have to reset it in order to use the immersion. Is it possible to still obtain thermostats w ithout safety cut out buttons? rog14 is online now Report Post

Reply to
rog

Hi I have a solid fuel rayburn unpressurized gravity system with immersion hea ter back up for summer use when the rayburns not in use. When the rayburns running the hot water can get very hot, enough to cause the immersion therm ostat cut out button to operate, this is a real pain as I have to reset it in order to use the immersion. Is it possible to still obtain thermostats w ithout safety cut out buttons? rog14 is online now Report Post

Reply to
rog

Can you not just wire it out of circuit?

ah, the thermostat and cut out appear to be a single unit these days... I doubt you can get one with out a cutout, damn the elves. How about a mains neon across the thermostat/cut-out so that you have a visual indication that it's tripped when you switch on the immersion. Assuming that the cyclinder is below the immersions thermostat set point. I guess most of the problem is that the "reset" is not easily accesable being under the cover. So drill a small hole and fix some sort of insulated guide/support behind it for an prodder.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice