immersion stat

Hi I have a solid fuel rayburn unpressurized gravity system with immersion hea ter back up for summer use when the rayburns not in use. When the rayburns running the hot water can get very hot, enough to cause the immersion therm ostat cut out button to operate, this is a real pain as I have to reset it in order to use the immersion. Is it possible to still obtain thermostats w ithout safety cut out buttons?

Reply to
rog

I doubt it very much - there was a case a few years ago where someone managed to boil their cylinder. It overflowed into the loft tank, and heated that until the plastic softened. Whereupon a ton of lethally hot water went through the ceiling. I think it was a child it killed.

There has to be a better solution, so I've cross-posted this to somewhere more lively.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris