Another Bosch cordless screwdriver problem

My Bosch - IXO as in

has decided to stop working. It's only a week old and I'm taking it back in an hour for a replacement. Only thing that's worryng me is does this happen often? Am I using it too much? I've been screwing into floorboards (those long chipboard things) and it's been hard work with me having to make the last few turns by hand - would this have broken it?

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

Yep.

No.

Try one of the Wickes pro range (most are rebadged Kress from Germany)

Reply to
IMM

I purchased and IXO and the first one had very little torque, I took it back and the new one has been superb. It's used a lot.

I purchased a friend one for Christmas and his was quite a lot louder than my new one and had less torque. Again, returned for a replacement and the new ones great.

Seems to be a 50% failure rate. When you have a good one they're superb.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

Thanks for that. I took it back and there wasn't one there so I got a black and decker instead. Well try it out in earnest (poor old Earnest) tomorrow

Reply to
John Kelly