Annoying Parker ballpens

I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button works fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press again to retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even further out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Bic?

I have a non-Parker biro doing this. I soaked the button end mechanism in isopropyl alcohol to remove all traces of ink (messy!) and anywhere else it looked a bit sticky, then gave it some WD-40. It was a little bit sticky for a day or so but now seems ok.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have had it on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser pockets, whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then leaks. The Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing inside the steel part, is much stronger than the average.

Reply to
Bill

What you need is one of these! (I have three) Might not be very good for your pockets, but unlikely to break. I have the propelling pencil too.

And it is sort of DIY relevant...

Bob Eager

Bill brought next idea :

So far as I am aware they are all genuine, some half plastic, some all ss and all exhibit the same issue. The only way to get them to retract when they jam, is to partially undo the barrel. That seems to suggest it is the 'nib' getting jammed in the barrel.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield