Annoyance

I believe it is happening, though I've no idea just how much. Fines have been mentioned.

"Indeed, sir? Let's go and have a little look, shall we?"

That's kind of you. And yes, the period attitudes are a large part of the appeal for me, too. I had to fight to keep some of the language and the beliefs in all the Buchans I did.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I noticed it a few weeks ago - following a Focus and a reasonable distance. Must have been a still day - but I remember seeing the cloud of white smoke from the driver's window, and getting the smell of it a few seconds latter.

Reply to
John Rumm

If you have a pollen filter...

Reply to
John Rumm

I've been hoping that all tobacco and vaping might become unavailable. I dislike having clouds of smelly smoke or vape exhalant polluting so much of our towns - and roads. Particularly unpleasant when you are on a bicycle and a motor vehicle pulls up alongside and surrounds you with it.

(Hypocrisy alert - yes, many years ago, I used to smoke.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Although you can switch you air-con to recirculation mode.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No re-circulate button on your heater?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True. Those two-stroke fumes are much better for you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

particularly if they've used Castrol-R

Reply to
charles

Yup, but you have to get to it quick if you are only a couple of seconds behind the car.

Reply to
John Rumm

In a two-stroke? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I press it at the start of the journey these days. Not that I've been out since last Friday. ;-)

Is the smell of one of those scented vapes any worse than cheap perfume?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, you just mix it with the petrol

Reply to
charles

Ah yes, but cheap perfume may be associated with other delights.

Reply to
newshound

Yes.

Reply to
Richard

Yes, I knew a lot of people who did that 50 years ago. Made a nice exhaust smell.

The downside was flushing the engine through if you wanted to change to/ from mineral oil!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It used to be associated with summer days in our back garden.

When the adjacent brothel had its window open.

(I'm surprised they used it, but it was probably just flung around to cover up other smells)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yeah, I have given up wearing the perfume!

Reply to
John Rumm

There is no sump to flush in a two stroke. Or rather, not in a basic one.

And not sure how well that vegetable based oil mixed with petrol.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not the sump, just the bearings and so on.

Not sure how well it worked as I never did it. But I smelled the exhausts of a few.

Reply to
Bob Eager