Shed recommendation

I need a shed, I want something decent that will last, I'll go and look at any local haunts but wondered if anyone could recommend an online shed seller they've been happy with, or otherwise.

I'm thinking circa 4x3m.

Ta.

Reply to
R D S

I'm happy with my shed from

A couple of years old now and no problems.

Beast's quote is about £2.5k. Many options, you'll almost certainly want the tanelised bearers.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

God, prices have gone up! Although it was with another company. We bought our 12' x 10' shed 14 years ago, for just over £800. Oddly enough, I had to cover the windows over (one each side at the front and two triples on one side), as they were standard and they charged extra to make the shed without! As I was adding insulation and boarding the inside for temporary storage and later a railway room, I wasn't bothered about windows.

One thing. As soon as the felt starts to go, don't bother refelting. I clad it with black coated, box-section, steel roof panels, last year.

Reply to
SteveW

I suppose a lot depends on what sort of quality you want? At 4m X 3m the bog standard overlap type that garden centres et al sell just will not cut it.

I have a 6m X 5m timber framed garage made by these people it was customised based on one of their standard designs

I am very happy with the quality and service I got from them, they even helped me out with engineering drawings which I needed as at over 30m2 it needed building control approval.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I want to buy it once and be delighted with it :)

Reply to
R D S

Not a seller, but could start here?

colinfurze : How to build a really SOLID shed

Adrian Caspersz

Substantially OTT, but I like the look of this timber-framed workshop:

- a chunky mortice and tenon and SIP panels for insulation means it goes up a lot quicker than the usual stick-built buildings.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

That is a belting shed, but i'd prefer something that may be in situ in the next couple of weeks rather than yet another project i'd start but never finish!

Reply to
R D S

If you're in Kent, Eagle Sheds are great. Bought a shed from them in

1987. It's still good. (we moved, but only to the next road and I can still see it). We have several from them now.
Reply to
Bob Eager

Delivered and built, bonus.

But then I wondered if i'd rather do it myself? What do others think?

Reply to
R D S

I built a small 6’ X 3’ shed for my gardening tools and found the build very satisfying, however do not expect to make it any cheaper than a bought one unless you can wangle a few discounts.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Pallet shed for <£100

I'm in the throes of getting the materials together - roof covering and cladding proving tricky.

Reply to
RJH

First move might be to establish raw material costs/availability.

I have built 12'x12' stables using shiplap from builders merchants.

I am still working my way through a pallet of rough sawn, treated featheredge from a local timberyard.

I have the benefit of concrete floored covered space and machinery to move heavy/unwieldy objects

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Build your own.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Correct. But you can build a shed that wont fall apart when a squirrel jumps on it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've seen Malvern Garden Buildings highly recommended in the past -

-

wasbit

Yes I'd like one where it can be weatherproofed has decent insulated windows and proper doors that are not like air vents. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The issue is that wood prices are through the roof, so to speak. I'd not expect to pay less than 3 grand for something remotely comfortable and long lasting. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'd usually go self build, you can get the exact size, construction & all details as you want them. Looking round at prefab sheds, they weren't really what I wanted. Pallet wood is super cheap, if you're doing an economy job.

Reply to
Animal

Well, free, at least near me. I'm finding the harder to find bits are cladding and roof materials. But even if I have to buy most of those it should come in at under £200 for a decent sized shed.

Reply to
RJH