Angle Grinder disks

Am I likely to be able to cut a 8" square wall tile with one of these?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-segmented-diamond-blade-115-x-22-23mm/92606
Is it at all practical to cut into a tile that is already attached to the wall?
Could I easily cut a 6mm wide 1/2" deep grove partway down a wall to the cable to a low voltage temperature sensor with one of these?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-stone-grinding-discs-115-x-6-x-22-23mm-pack-of-5/61431
--
Michael Chare

On 15/10/2015 20:40, Michael Chare wrote:

Easily. I use that very disc to cut tiles on a regular basis.

It would be, but the ends of the cut would be curved a bit IYSWIM.

You probably could, it would be dusty though. Might be easier to the the diamond disc to cut two lines then break out the middle.

On 15/10/2015 21:03, David Lang wrote:

Do you manage without a supply of water? - which the diamond tile cutter I once hired had.

Indeed yes.

That is a helpful idea. I did one use an ordinary angle grinder disk. I made a neat grove but a lot of dust.
--
Michael Chare

On 15/10/2015 21:31, Michael Chare wrote:

I never use water, it wouldn't be practical. It's a little dusty.

David Lang wrote:

You can get away with using a little water from a squirt bottle,if you are careful about not getting it in the motor.
On 15/10/2015 20:40, Michael Chare wrote:

Yup, no trouble...

Yes. You may not be able to cut right to the edge without either clipping the adjacent tile or needing to cut deeper into the wall, to get a squarer cut at the end.

Diamond discs are always preferable on tile/stone IMHO. Even if it takes two passes.
--
Cheers,

John.