Amber Windows L plates needed.

Anyone know of this shower?

Driving down to J6 of the M6 this morning at around 8:30, one of their cretins was bellowing a foul mouthed rant about my "cutting him up".

Whether he was on a phone or having a nap when I overtook him, I haven't a clue, but he certainly had oodles of room before I pulled in and as I was going faster anyway I couldn't quite see his problem, so what warranted the outburst from either him or the vegetable in the passenger seat I'm not sure.

He also threatened violence screaming out "I'll cut you mate". This has to be bordering on the criminal?

The pair looked suitably attired I must say, bright orange overalls, just like they wear in death row.

AB

Reply to
Archibald

J6 M6 that's Birmingham near as damit... google.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Weird, maybe the lady I encountered a few years ago has some relatives down your way, bellowing out the windows you blind bastards should not be allowed out you should be put away. I suppose one might be charitable and suggest its all just stress and if you are the person when they need an outburst, so be it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Mate".

How very friendly of him.

Reply to
Lobster

As it says in his door - you should have just asked the driver for details:

Lobster

Lobster wrote in news:cBPDt.11115$ snipped-for-privacy@fx05.am:

I was once overtaken and cut up by a shell suited bloke in a BMW (with a child passenger). He accused me of something - but neither I or my passengers understood what - unless it was something caused by his speeding and then encountering me making a legitimate turn. I locked the doors quicly - he was yanking the handles and beating on the glass. The car behind had pulled up short so I reversed away. There are some angry nutters on the road!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Some people are communications skill challenged I feel, such as the person who threatened me with a chair leg because I asked him to back u a bit so I could get around his van to a back entrance to my house. I mean, it was hardly an unreasonable request. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On Friday 12 July 2013 11:47 Brian Gaff wrote in uk.d-i-y:

his is *exactly* why my kids have taken up jujitsu :)

I might too - the bloke does adults after the children.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I could only stop their marketing calls by threatening to sue them.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Might I proffer my opinion from 2007? Merely my opinion, of course.

Chris Bartram

But first, run away. Jujitsu is all very well until you come up against someone bigger and stronger than you with a weapon.

Reply to
Huge

That will be a key message from any responsible sensei in their first session, and be reenforced for many more after.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Not to mention that the law can take a dim view if, as a "martial arts trained" person, you damage someone else using that training. Even if acting in self defence, arse about face I know...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I would have aimed the van at him. Infact I have done similar in in the past. Some dick pulled up at got out of his car with a baseball bat claiming that "I had looked funny at him" in the shop I had just been into.

Reply to
ARW

My son, who is a taekwando (sp?) black belt has some sort of license to do the sport (think it also involved signing up to a code of practice not to abuse the lethal weapon that is his body...). Another one apparently lets him carry specific offensive weapons in the street when going to and from classes etc.

Reply to
Lobster

On Friday 12 July 2013 15:14 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The first lessons they are learning is how to deal with being bottled and knifed :)

What it does do is give you, with less strength and no weapon, is an advantage, especially if you can surpise him with a reflexive disabling move

- then you take full adavntage and bugger off quick as you say :)

Unless the oik knows martial arts too, in which case you are screwed and probably slightly unlucky :-|

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Friday 12 July 2013 16:10 Dave Liquorice wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The point of jujitsu, like judo, is you do not damage the other person, at least not gratuitously.

And anyway, at the end of the day, f*ck that if they do - if some lunk attacks them, then it's his fault, they are still alive and we'll worry about the law later.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Did just that a very long time ago now. Was driving my olde minivan and a car shot past me and indicated by a few hands pointing to the rear of my van that something was amiss. So I stopped and was just about to get out when I noticed that there were four of them, all skinheads, and they were all coming my way. Why it should take four of them to tell me that something was wrong didn't seem right so I stayed there and locked the doors.

I had done nothing wrong, not cut anyone up or anything they were just out it seems for the hell of it. Anyways yob number one reached the drivers side door and I was just about to ask him what was up when a large bovver boot slammed into the window which was partly opened and gashed my face putting some grit into my right eye. The other three were almost there. One I noticed had something like an Iron bar which he was raising over his head;!..

Slammed it into reverse and they started running towards me in front of me so I gunned it and swerved around them but two made a dive onto the car.. shall we say they came of much worse. Anyways drove straight to the police station told them what happened and they took a statement and said that I had done the right thing and if they complained they'd be arrested for assault.

They also checked the local hospital but no one had come in with any injuries etc..

I thought what I did was reasonable at the time, anyone here would have done anything different?..

Reply to
tony sayer

With things like that, I don't think I'd know what I'd do until it happened. We might think we do, but actuality has a tendency to diverge from imagination.

Reply to
polygonum

I'd like to think that I'd have done the same thing; but under the pressure of the situation and having to make snap decisions, sadly I think it would have ended up with me having the shit kicked out of me. :(

Reply to
Lobster