Anyone dismantled a Quinny baby carrier?

My son and daughter-in-law have been given a used Quinny folding stroller for their new baby. It appears to have a built-in gas strut - which is compressed when it is folded, and which assists it to unfold when a catch is released.

According to my son, this was fine when they received it, but has stopped working - and the baby hasn't even used it yet!

The gas strut is inside a longitudinal tube which has a slot all along the bottom, and looks as if it should engage with a short outer concentric tube which connects to the undercarriage. Except that I can see all the strut's pushrod - which extends to the rear of the containing tube - suggesting that something has come adrift.

Have any of you ever had one of these things apart? Any pointers as to what to look for? Better still, anyone know where I can find an exploded diagram of how all the bits fit together. [The pictures on the Quinny website -if you can figure them out - are only of use to users, whereas I need something useful to a repairer.]

Reply to
Roger Mills