Alton Towers accident and 999 calls

That would imply some sort of negligence on their part to insist they pay, surely?

There is a blog making allegations about the state of the chain of command at Alton Towers but I think we'd have to wait to see what the investigators report.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If the PP was conditional on the roads being built, why have the council not issue an enforcement notice?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Indeed :)

Leeds in Kent is a village with a population of about 2,500.

And you can even park your car and come back to find it still has wheels.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Broadback scribbled

They already pay tax, rates etc. You willing to pay for such services if you fall down the stairs?

Reply to
Jonno

Jethro_uk scribbled

By volunteer groups, most of whose members partake of climbing, caving or whatever.

Going to put a stop to the RNLI too ?

Reply to
Jonno

Tim Watts scribbled

Sepp Blatteritis.

Reply to
Jonno

What's FIFA got to do with it?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts scribbled

Backhanders

Reply to
Jonno

Oh...

Reply to
Tim Watts

From the video I have seen, four landed in the grounds.

I wonder why Alton Towers had no toys. But that makes you suppose a 12 mile hike into rural England from deepest Urbanity is a jet ride?

Been reading the newspapers again have you?

Clue By Four: Not only Murky dick uses the worst form of Journalism. The first thing they all want from their readers is the ability to forget you are reading shit.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Jonno submitted this idea :

If I repeatedly fell down the stairs, knew I was prone falling down the stairs, yet took no extra care to prevent myself falling down the stairs - then yes a charge for repeated attendance would be acceptable for a preventable accident.

Hasn't there been a whole series of accident on this ride?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I heard it phrased slightly differently "11 minutes between management being informed there had been and accident and the call being made" which made me wonder how long between the accident and management being informed?

Yes, I heard they have their own first-responders, which could just be people with other jobs there who have a certain level of first-aid training, used to dealing with cuts, grazes and sprains.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Depends what you class as an 'incident' or an 'accident' this appears to be the first that has actually caused injuries ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Rather a long list of incidents and injuries don't you think?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

from that link

"To his astonishment there were still people on the bus, apparently unaware. "A few of us started shouting for them to get off," he says. A double-decker bus is hard enough to shift without passengers, and emptying it seems to have made the crucial difference."

I cannot see a few people still on the bus making much difference. Unless they are the same weight as my SiL

Reply to
ARW

Which is;?....

In long or short ton's

Reply to
tony sayer

People are always reluctant to call out emergency services. When I was in the NHS the rule was "If you smell smoke, call the fire brigade". They never did,they used to call me instead.

So I expect that was what happened.

Reply to
harry