Aldi Table Saw

The Scandinavians think cheap. :-)

Reply to
ben

Query on two counts....

- Aldi is German. Germany ain't in Scandinavia. Contrary to popular belief, neither's Finland, but that's another issue

- Scandinavians do not generally think in terms of cheap, but more in terms of value for money. None of the countries could be described as a cheap environment in UK terms.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, the W615 10" Induction Motor Table Saw

does have an aluminium top buy it's cast not sheet - very rigid & flat. Don't think they did the WS625 when I bought mine, looks like a very good deal at the price.

I did specificaly want one where I could remove the guard & splitter/riving knife easily because I cut lots of grooves & rebates etc, American style. The Charnwood was the best in that respect.

I have to say BTW Charnwoods after sales service is absolutely superb.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Hi Ben

For me, yes it has because I do lots of woodwork for fun & profit. I do know what you mean though, horses for courses.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Aldi is German Netto is Danish Lidl is either German or Austrian

All three are similar in looks, colour is yellow, price, type of goods, no credit cards used, internal layout, very low price specials every week, etc.

They all appear to be the same place.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I was thinking of another store then, was it Netto?

Reply to
ben

Yes, I think that Grunff bought one or a similar thing.

OK. Does it have a long arbor for a dado set, in that case?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hmmm... me been to workshop to check.

Walter, Powercraft & KingCraft

Austrian is not too great :-)

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

...ist Deutsch..

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh - you mean there aren't absolutes?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

When we pay three (or more) figures for an item we say that the first item made with it costs that amount plus materials. All subsequent ones are materials only.

The ease and efficiency - the joy - of using a good machine makes up for the price. It's only a capital expenditure, it's only paid once.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Nope. This is an area where specs are manipulated for marketing advantage.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You didn't understand my point ... never mind.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary.

I know how you feel.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Alas no! Regulations about electronic brakes etc. I use the normal blade with multiple passes.

I have a dado set for my DeWalt RAS anyhow.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Not on that fence!