Triton Workcentre, router table etc

Does anyone here have a Triton Workcentre (a table-saw table, essentially), and/or their router table (a table top that can replace the saw-table tabletop or be used on a separate stand)? ANy opinions of these products?

On 19/07/2012 17:02, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

I've just bought the Triton Saw Table
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Since we are downsizing and I'm going from a garage workshop to a shed. I had to sell my table saw.
Haven't tried in in anger yet, but initial impressions are very good.
Someone has put an awful lot of thought into this product & I'm confidant it will work a treat.
Hopefully I will have a chance to play this weekend, in which case a full review will follow.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Good!

LOts of thought is very much the impression I gained, not least from looking at lots of YouTube videos. I also found a webpage listing spares, with an exploded-view diagram, always a useful thing to have, and a copy of the manual and have skim-read that. I'm teetering on the edge of buying it, but am slightly alarmed at the total cost - for I'd probably also be getting the Tritin 235mm saw (since the thing I have now is not accurate or easily adjusted, let alone having micro adjustments etc) and a Triton router (probably the 1400W one). And some of the accessories...

I will certainly be interested...

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:02:27 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Yes, I have both. I've used the table saw quite a lot and have found it very useful over the years. The scales on the rip fence are REASONABLY accurate but I always check the fence for alignment to the sawblade before using. I've never successfully used the bevel guide on the fence. For 90 degree crosscut using the protractor, I find the protractor slide easy to use and accurate but any other angle I find it hard to slide smoothly. In crosscut mode I always want to use the 'wrong' hand to drive the saw and find holding the timber difficult. Again 90 deg cuts OK but setting up for accurate mitre cutting is quite difficult. If you have a lot to do then the tiem and effort is worth while.
I've used the router table relatively little but don't feel it is any better or worse than a homemade router table sat on the bench. If space is limited and you don't have a permanant bench then its worth having IMHO.
Mine is the older 2000 workcentre. I use a Dewalt 9" saw in it. This is probably not the best saw to use as the depth of cut is fiddly to set accurately (being a slide rather than a pivotted arrangment) a fact they mention in the instructions after you;ve bought the table! HTH Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian
On 20/07/2012 16:47, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Is this the one where the saw moves through the timber, or the one where the timber moves through the saw?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:44:06 +0100, The Medway Handyman

Where the saw moves through the timber. You need a sacrificial board under the piece to be cut and it is still (for me at least!) trial and error to get the saw set to the correct angle. As I say, worth the effort if a lot to do. Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian