Aldi Right Angle Drill Adaptor For use with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver?

Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with drills?
Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying there propriety adaptor and save me about 15.00 .
Cheers for any advise MW
On 04/07/2012 20:23, MW wrote:

Don't know the answer, but in my experience the dedicated right angle drills and drivers are both more compact and easier to use. Not cheap, but mine paid for itself easily for drilling joists when rewiring an old house with a lot of narrow joist spacings.

I've got a fairly old Wicks cordless drill that came with a removable right angle drive. It can be fixed in different positions relative to the body. Very useful - I'm surprised it didn't catch on.
--
*One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.

Agreed. Didn't have one though and couldn't afford one.
Did have an ancient (1960s?) right angle gearbox, with a fearsome reputation for spinning around and around if not used very carefully. Some work with a bit of Dexion and builder's band on an old cheap cordless though, and I have a cordless right-angle drill that can be used one-handed and is up to drilling joists.
In article

Any of these devices will do the same if they're not attached to the drill body.
--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

writes

I bought one of the Aldi ones and have used it once with a cordless drill. I think it was in their "remainder bin area" in the days when the tools used to end up there rather than just being removed from the displays..
It worked well enough for my job, but it feels as though it has a slight stiff spot when you turn it - as if one of the shafts is not quite true. I thought it reduced the torque of the drill quite a bit
--
Bill

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 00:28:05 +0100, Bill wrote:

I have an Aldi one and from the start it was a bit rough and stiff. Striped it down, lubed everything in sight with some molly-gloop and now it works quite smoothly.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

They fit the chuck of any drill. Screwdrivers normally have a hex drive.
--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Thanks everyone for the answer especially Dave Plowman (News)
Cheers MW

Don't top post, it makes the baby Jesus cry.
You can't use the Aldi adapter with an electric screwdriver. The adapter has a round drive shaft, screwdrivers use a hex shaft. If you want a right angle adapter for an electric screwdriver Maplin sell a suitable device.