Aldi Pole Pruner Chainsaw size Help!!

Bought the device, threw the manual away :-(

Need a chain, has anyone any idea of the size or what equivalent product is on the market somewhere else ?

Aldi are totally useless! Emailed and phoned their support people and all they come up with is promises to send manuals or information.

All my local branch said was "contact support".

I suppose you get what you pay for!

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You threw away the manual but call the grocer you bought it from useless?

Google on spares for the brand. You might get lucky. Otherwise it's a case of trying to work out which maker range it was based on. Often compatible with Bosch - but not always.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This any use?

Peter Parry

Everything is on the internet now, almost everything I buy comes with a CD or website address.

I expect anyone to support or advise on their products particularly where there are risks involved in not following procedures.

To rely totally on a manual is negligence.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Have you still got the old chain to measure?

Most of the pruners take a 3/8" low profile chain. Typically about 33 links for a 8" bar. Places that supply chains will be able to make whatever size you need usually.

Reply to
John Rumm

One is overwhelmed. I am aware of Lidl's support and would have bought a Lidl pole pruner, but I only saw the battery units in the stores. It looks the same as the Aldi, but just to be on the safe side I'll see if I can buy a Lidl unit anyway.

Many, many thanks! I never thought of looking at Lidls website.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Take the old chain to your local repair shop, they will sell you another. They are made up the same way as a bicycle chain, ie the rivets can be removed/replaced with a small press.

Reply to
harry

I've been very unimpressed with Aldi's support too, but it does sound like you're being unfair. Walter Werkzeug supplies a lot of their tools.

I'd take it to somewhere f2f that stocks lots of saw chains.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes. Usually in the manual.

Pages and pages of warnings in the manual. You did read it before throwing it away?

Well, if you'd kept the receipt you could have got your money back. Most would staple it to the manual...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I make a point of downloading the PDF manual when I buy something, much easier than hunting for it later when you need it and it's been lost from the manufacturer's website.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Alas I dont have access!

I did mean to remove the chain after my last bit of pruning, but I ran out of time. I know of no dealers anywhere in the vicinity of the pruner hence my need to source in the UK.

I have emailed Lidl. I haven't seen a mains powered unit in their stores, but if they have one I will buy it and keep the aldi as a spare. Hopefully a supply of spare chains will be common to both. They look identical.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

a quick search finds the PDF version of the manual as sold in Aldi Australia. More than likely the same machine one except for the Plug.

The manual describes the chain as an Oregon 90JG033X or underneath that 91P033X.

The first number brings up

the second

amongst others. Count the links on your old chain to see if there are 33 , if there are then you could order with reasonable confidence that they will fit.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Many thanks, although the device seem a little short compared to the unit I bought in Ireland. The fittings are different also, but it may be the same cutter.

Regards

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

The slightly larger chainsaw which I bought from Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) certainly had an Oregon bar and chain. Chances are that the £10 jobbie in the second link(!) is what the OP needs.

Reply to
Roger Mills

It was stapled to the manual - there's always another copy on the web ;-)

Reply to
PeterC

Fair enough,

I take a photo of the relevant pages and store them in a file called "manuals" kept on an SD card. Then throw the manual away. It's a great spacesaver especially with many manuals or instructions being languages for other markets.

Even if you need to go online what is the most important info you may need? Model Number or what version you have?

Oh Bugger . It was in the manual.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

replying to Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp, John D wrote: I too have purchased this product - Gardenline 2 in 1 Electric Pole Pruner and saw (90spx040x). You have to purchase the guide bar & chain from

- on a fly sheet supplied in the box. The web site is all in German and priced in euros. Oregon don't seem to offer the product or equivalent chain ? About 20 Euros presumably delivery to be added - expensive..

Reply to
John D

replying to Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp, Richard wrote: ALM Manufacturing make a chain for this model, part number ALM CH040

Richard

Just out of curiosity but need a small chainsaw for pruning apple tree. Did the saw ever work and if so is it any good? I realise it was cheap but the stihl one s work out to several hundreds of pounds.

Reply to
lancejak

A little stihl petrol is less that £200

I've had one for years. Great little performer

For light work near the house

The Natural Philosopher