LCD display

The LCD display on my Blaupunkt car radio has a few pixels not working. Wouldn't really matter too much - but it they are over the minutes section of the time, so an 8 reads 3 etc.

The front panel is detachable for security reasons and it appears to be screwed together. Is this sort of fault likely fixable? No point in even looking at it if not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Possibly one of these - sometime reseating it will fix it.

DerbyBorn

IME, it sometimes works, but it sometimes makes it much worse too. It's a gamble.

You might want to leave it until it gets to the point where you have nothing to lose.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Besides reseating, increasing the pressure between lcd and "rubber" sometimes works, i.e. by putting a strip of paper (tape, plastic, ...) where it increases the pressure.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I guess it depends if its a ribbon cable issue or the display itself. It may be just the interconnecting ribbon to whatever the front plugs into but my bet would be the display is bust. They don't like the heat and cold extremes in cars or sheds LCDs I used to find. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Isn't "LCD display" tautological?

Reply to
Simon Mason

Tautology is the repetition of words or using other words that mean the same thing in the same sentence.

Explain how that applies to LCDs!

Reply to
Bod

ER: Liquid Crystal Display display????

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ho ho.

Reply to
Bod

No, it's RAS Syndrome.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Even more so than a PAT tester I'd say :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

It doesn't if its a display of LCDs.

Reply to
dennis

Yes. Sorry. Even I make the very very occasional mistake.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's OK if the display is square.

Reply to
PeterC

I've just ordered some Liquid Crystal Ink.

whisky-dave

I went to school with a girl who had the world's first LCD watch in the world in 1975. This was her father.

At the the same time, I had a LED watch and in our own way, we have taken over the world!

Reply to
Simon Mason

For what purpose?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

No idea as yet I hope to find out when she collects it from me. They are for her "Interactive Digital Multimedia Techniques" course unit. I order for something like 50-70 students, the student got permission from her project supervisor to order thermochromic ink and this is what she chos e and wanted 5ml at £16, I suggested we order the 15ml at £20 and that was approved too. I have also ordered a 200mm soft pot £7.16 from mouser £12 P&P un fortunatly.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I suppose it's no worse than that classic from the 70s and 80s, the VDU (Visual Display Unit :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good