Aldi deco metal paint

Has anyone used aldi Deco metal paint? It says that surfaces should be stab le, clean, dry and free of grease. Then clean surfaces thoroughly with meta l cleaner before painting. Maybe I am just being dense but what is metal cl eaner? They can not mean polish?

TIA.

Reply to
chade

A german-speaker may be along in a minute, but I imagine this is something lost in translation. If it was really greasy and you cleaned it with (say) white spirit (and let it dry) I would expect that to be good enough.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks.

Reply to
chade

I wonder if they mean a wire brush. Perhaps 'metal' refers to the brush and not the surface to be painted. Just a thought.

I wouldn't use polish before painting.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

replying to chade, Baggins wrote: Yeah I tried to paint it on my outdoor metal furniture dreadful stuff,, it's like water and had to stop and use a spray on paint.

Reply to
Baggins

I always google things I dont know, but just done that and nothing came up as a metal cleaner on screwfix. i would say use a strong solution of soda crystals and maybe an all purpose cleaner to remove any grease.But here's a link may help you

Baggins

Before replying to a 5 year old post through a broken website read this first.

Fredxx