Alas! the BSI have caught up with me.

Friends.

The BSI have rumbled my bid to democratise the Gas Fitting Standards.

I don't currently have enough personal resources (time and karma) to fight this one. However my basic idea is that by making available the standards widely available no dishonest person can use ignorance of the standards to trade dishonestly. A tactic that is favoured by some of the larger companies as as well as the shabby end of the independent sector.

Would someone like to host the standards for a while? My guess is that it will take some while perhaps a year or so before they are on to you and then you can delete them and so on.

The amount of data is under 10Mb. The typical bandwidth is about 150 Mb /month.

Alas, I will be sending an email back to the BSI to say I have removed the Standards from my web site.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That sounds like an admission, and if construed as such could do you no favours. 'I will not distribute said information' etc is non- admissive. IANAL though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I just want them off my back. They say remove from website so that should be the end of the matter.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I would replace the page with one that lists what standards are relevant, and the has links to the BSI with words to the effect you can buy them here. That way the folks following the links littering usenet for the next few years won't get a dead end, and the BSI get a warm fuzzy feeling you are driving business to them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah can't google be persuaded to host it on their book free for all? or as google documents?

Reply to
Mogga

Could be less using a .torrent and no need to host the files directly.

Reply to
djc

Waybackmachine to the rescue, ROT13 just in case Mr BSI is listening uggc://jro.nepuvir.bet/jro/20070220060717ea_1/jjj.znxrjevgr.qrzba.pb.hx/TnfSvggvatFgnaqneqf/

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry, I spoke too soon, it only has the index, not the documents :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns

These docs are PDFs to start with - so not directly.

They could be converted into .doc files and then uploaded. But it is still traceable to who shared them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi

Google Base will accept PDF's

stevelup

Why not set up a website using dummy information on one of the free sites like

NickNoxx

in the public domain regardless of who objects.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Enough (of us) would have to seed the torrent permanently. The bandwidth is not an issue I was just saying it's not a big deal.

So who wants to carry on the tradition of public service?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You are optimisitic.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Looks like there's one here

ydrwyd

My, what a coincidence :-) A bloke in a pointed hat once told me that torrents need support to stay live, but I don't know what he meant

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It means that enough people have to be seeding them, and it helps to go on seeding after they've finished downloading.

At the moment the torrent is only showing 2 seeders: if both of those go offline then nobody can download it anymore. If half a dozen people download it and continue seeding it then there's more resilience.

Reply to
ydrwyd

So how many seeders will this group generate I wonder, given it's in a good cause? I guess you need to get hold of Azureus or similar if your hat isn't pointed?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

In message , Stuart Noble writes

I prefer uTorrent.