Alarm protector (car) custom ideas ?

I had an alarm fitted toi my car sometime ago and with the heavy rain yesterday that I drove through it upset the siren which got wet somehow. The installer had it installed with the siren downwards towards the ground and about in the middle of the engine bay at the back.

Theres about 3 inch play in wires to connect the siren up so thinking of either remounting it or building some kind of protector for it ?

The diamiter of the siren is abit small than that of a tea cup.

I'm supprised water came that far up the engine bay to be honest. But somehow it did and when I took it off it was dripping water out.

It's attached to a bolt thread facing downwards and bolted up on an L bracket. I was thinking maybe turn the siren the other way up so the siren end is more protected. I'd have to drill a hole in the bracket to make that work.

Or leave it as it is and build some kind of waterproof box around it ?

Ahh yes its possible to mount it sideways but no sure how great an idea that is.

In the mean time I've disconnected it and brought it inside to dry it out in a hope that its not been knackered.

Appreciate some advice or what I could do to protect it ?

Reply to
maxi

There's no reason why it can't be waterproof. Only the diaphragm moves and that should be sealed. I thought the sort used in cars were.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You could try making a water-resistant casing for it - see technomad speakers for ideas

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mount it inside the car cabin. That will annoy the hell out of anyone who breaks in, and if not broken in and falsly tripped - will enable local residents to sleep soundly. You can monitor your alarm status on a mobile phone if it's that important!!

Reply to
Adrian C