Air admittence valve - get away with 50mm?

You cannot do that. It must be above the highest water level which is usually the wash basin in the bathroom. In the case of a blockage, water must not touch the AAV. That is why Hep VO traps are a great get out of jail product.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Friday 23 October 2009 13:32

One of the AAVs (sure it was the Floplast but I can check) said that it

*could* be installed below the flood line.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim W

Tim W wibbled on Friday 23 October 2009 15:28

5 - "install [AV110] 200mm above highest joint"

Perhaps that is practically equivalent to "above the flood line".

Anyway, I'd install it above the bog's flood line (yuk if it leaked) but perhaps I wouldn't worry so much about matching the flood line of any secondary devices, eg basins - anyway, they'd probably just flood out the bog rim of the main stack was blocked...

Not sure if that would apply to the smaller ones...

Reply to
Tim W

It must be above the basin. If the toilet is blocked at the tee into the stack the basin water will touch the AAV. MUST be fitted ABOVE the basin. You should have fitted a HepVo as advised by many here.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ash wibbled on Friday 23 October 2009 16:46

But - might I recommend quoting a little of teh original message so folk know what you're referring to ;->

Reply to
Tim W

Which waste do you mean?

Reply to