Ageism in dentistry: Something I forgot to mention

Hello again.

I should have added that I believe that the intention of the dentists was to encourage me (force me?) to leave, and go elsewhere. I assume that it's not in their financial interest to treat old people (I'm

71). Am I right?

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Well, as this is a DIY group, try araldite & a bit of iron filings :)

And brush the filling daily with wet & dry, 1200 grit to keep it shiny & rust free.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

In what way is £40 paid by a 71-year old worth less than £40 paid by a

21-year old?
Reply to
mike

Quite the reverse I would have thought. The "grey pound" is a market that many businesses are keen to tap - often more disposable income often accompanied with an attitude of "the price asked is the price you pay". If it were an NHS practice then there may be a desire to shed the patients requiring the more complex care, but that does not sound like it is the case here.

Reply to
John Rumm

You'd think so but the potential cash is frequently guarded in a purse with an armoured clasp and teasing it free can require listening to hours of drivel on how tiring it is to go shopping and how bowel movements are either too firm or too loose etc. It seems much easier to target the other coloured and shaded pounds if you're in search of the quicker buck.

Reply to
fred

You've got me there. Make it £70.00. P.S. British dentists are the most expensive in Europe.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Thanks for your comments.