again totly ot

I never hear about people I know dying with the virus all I hear about is young people topping themselves because of the lock down...any figures to back this up ? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

My ex-neighbour, who now lives 100 yards away died in March.

He was 79, slim and wiry, being an outdoor, country person, never smoked or ate junk food. Had a heart attack without warning. I don't think C19 was involved.

Reply to
Andrew

My neighbour 3 doors down died of Covid-19. Aged 74, and previously quite healthy as far as I could see. A lovely guy.

Reply to
GB

It can be, several people I knew vaguely, one ran a pub, had the virus, felt better died of an irregular heartbeat two days later. It is apparently a known issue with the virus. Also Bame people are being hit harder than the Europeans, which is still not fully understood. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Won't be long before you get it.

Have you made a will.

--

Reply to
GB

I have. I had a life-threatening operation last summer, and I made a will, two POAs, and a declaration about how I wanted to be medically treated.

How about you?

Reply to
GB

I think many young people aren't finding the lockdown too difficult, as long as the internet doesn't break.

Older people who are more used to social contact, but may live on their own, may find it harder to cope.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have. I had a life-threatening operation last summer, and I made a will, two POAs, and a declaration about how I wanted to be medically treated.

How about you?

Reply to
GB

What was the operation. ? Operation paying for a round of drinks. ?

Operation to have You're wallet removed. ?

--

Reply to
GB

Could be blood clots from COVID.

Cytokine storm and drowning in pink fluid in the lungs, is not the only death mechanism.

Perfectly healthy, slim, wiry people will drop dead, if they develop blood clots from COVID.

One hospital is putting their ICU patients on "a little TPA", as a preventative measure. TPA being a clot buster.

Young people get "COVID toes", which is clots blocking blood flow in capillaries in the toes.

The clots are not the "normal consistency" of blood clots, which is why this is more dangerous than normal. The ASA 81mg the doctor gave you, because of your preexisting condition, likely does *nothing* to stop these. If a part of you is "turning blue" and yet your lungs are working, call an ambulance. The clot is thick enough, they have to use the (dangerous!) TPA on it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

No I'm very happy with lockdown. Long may it continue.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You're 100 yards from the cemetery?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Are you a doctor.

--

Reply to
GB

Won't be long before you will be in the cemetary.

--

Reply to
GB

what is a 'cemetary'?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Obviously, he meant seminary. I'm surprised to see you picking up someone on their spelling.

Reply to
Pancho

Spelling and typing are two different skills

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Everyone will be in the cemetary, or adding to 'global warming' at some point.

Unlike most other people, I have problem with this, and I have no intention of bothering the NHS. Shit happens.

Reply to
Andrew

Dixons Carphone Currys are doing well selling replacement laptops and tablets after the frustrated owners had thrown them at the wall.

Reply to
Andrew

"Outside the cemetery, a harassed cobbler, and an embarrassed pedlar..."

Reply to
Max Demian