AEG tumble dryers

Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We would get a Miele but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to vent the dryer using only plastic ducting?

Thanks for your help; it is appreciated.

Reply to
David

I don't have one, but Which? magazine has their tumble driers very slightly ahead of Miele on reliability. Unfortunately, they didn't give any AEG vented machine a 'Best Buy' (they reviewed the T35850) but they do recommend a Zanussi (ZDE57140W) which is considerably cheaper and the only feature not on the Zanussi is a delayed start. Zanussi are rated equally with AEG for reliability

Reply to
OG

Thanks, the best buy Zanussi has been replaced with the ZDE67550W

Did the AEG just about fall short of a best buy or was it really low down on the list?

Reply to
David

More than half way down 53rd of 95. The AEG had a 56% score for a £264 machine compared with 66% for a £171 Zanussi.

Reply to
OG

We've had a Whirlpool (AWZ 3303) for about the last 4/5 years which has been too extensively used due to both weather and having two large kids still in the nest who are either avid cricketers or footballers. Does the job and no complaints to date.

Which? says the brand is above average for reliabilty, (I've just checked). Do not recall the price, but they seemed mainstream at the time.

Ours vented through plastic pipe to the exterior.

Reply to
Clot

In message , David writes

We have an AEG dishwasher - age um maybe around 8ish years.

It's nice and quiet, seems well made, and sits there and works reliably

Reply to
chris French

Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you think it is worth paying extra and going for this dryer:

David

Reply to
Clot

Thanks, I'll report to my Dad and see what he says.

Reply to
David

PS

NT

Reply to
David

Just an update, we have now purchased this dryer:

David