aeg competent oven overheat cut out

My daughter has one of these and it looks like it is a common fault. As the oven gets hot it heat soaks the control panel above it until a thermal cut out trips everything off.

From googling it looks like there is a cooling fan in the control panel that should prevent overheating, so the inference is this has stopped working.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I have heard of people pushing a small piece of plasterboard between the white and blue wire of the control panel and the top of the oven. It seemed to work for them, but I am not saying that it will work for everyone.

You are correct that it is an inherent fault with these appliances, and a lot of people got the cost of repair refunded by AEG-Electrolux a few years back. Yet the fault seems to have carried over into newer models of this same oven.

If you want to contact AEG-Electrolux, you can send a Customer Care message from this page

Just select Customer Care from the little drop down menu.

Reply to
BigWallop

Cabinet cooling fans are common in fitted ovens. They protect not just the control panel, but also the external surfaces which are touchable or in contact with the wooden kitchen cabinet, the internal wiring, etc.

It could be that the fan isn't going any more (in some designs, they can get gunked up with fat and dust), or that the air path is blocked with dust or some oven insulation wrap which has come adrift.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel