Adjusting Pacific TV

I hope this isn't too OT for this group but I know all the real experts here (and I feel at home here!!).
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 - and the picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two adjustments I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like vertical or horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.
The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be accessed using the remote control.
I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the internet...
Regards,
Steve

Isn't it an ASDA badge?

Yes, it is. Does that make a difference?

No - just trying to help in case anyone knows it to be identical to something more common.

Thanks, Steve, I was afraid that might be the case.

I wonder if the 5102 manual has something useful...
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid565

I have a .PDF which details how to get the Pacific PTV5102 into service mode, may be worth a shot? Drop me a line at news at hellraiser dot org dot uk if you're interested.
Hellraiser............>

A quick google gives; SERVICE MODE1 PROG NO 75 ,PRESS OSD KEY (+) ON REMOTE AND MENU ON TV TOGETHER FOR 10 SEC,GREEN (S) LOW LHS OSD Is this what your pdf says?

Nope it involves shorting pin7 of the CPU to ground while powering on, then removing once an "S" is displayed onscreen....
Hellraiser..............>

Thanks for all the replies but I am now more confused than ever. My TV doesn't have a "menu" button, the remote doesn't have an "OSD" button and "CPU" - which chip is that? However I will take up your kind offer, hellraiser, and have emailed you.

Is this a widescreen or a 4:3 set? If it is widescreen, you are feeding it with 16:9 anamorphic source aren't you?
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%