A New Low In Delivery Practice?

You think that's bad, you should try working out Scottish tenement flat numbering.

Your guess whether 1/6 is Flat 1 at No.6 or Flat 6 at No. 1. Or flat 6 on the first floor (or the ground floor) and the building doesn't have a number. Or whether 21/2 is Flat 2 at No. 21, Flat 21 at No. 2, or the first flat on the second floor at No. 2, or the second flat on the first floor at No. 2. Or 2-and-a-half (which is likely to be at the rear of the building) and there isn't a flat number. Or there is a flat number but you don't know it.

Or in Edinburgh, where everything's Listed, the name of the person living in the flat in 1850 because the door bell-pulls haven't been re- engraved since then.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

ISTR that here in Sunderland there's a street (Clifford Street?) where the only houses are 1, 1A and 13. The street cuts across several streets of terraced cottages (*) and most of the intervening houses "belong" to those streets.

(*) Typically like this:

Frank Erskine

I lived in a small road which had three houses. Two were called Rock House.

Reply to
polygonum

Official policy is that it goes back to the depot. You can arrange a re-delivery to your local PO for a small fee.

One PF driver refused and delivered to a different PO due to some personal differences with the staff at the local one.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I don't mind it going back to the depot if no-one is in, although I would prefer it left with a neighbour. What I really object to is them quietly pushing a note through when they haven't even brought the package out from the depot and inconveniencing me in making me pick it up!

I could arrange for re-delivery, but that would generally mean delivery on a day when my wife is working (I arrange the first delivery to co-incide with her days off) or the same scenario repeating itself.

The last time I tried to arrange re-direction to the post-office (which is next-door to the depot), they failed to transfer it from the depot to the post-office, meaning I lost over an hour of work (hourly paid) only to find that the package was still locked in the depot!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW