A new drill!

more
workshop
house
consider
DIY
prices.
So that's another recommendation for Bosch then ;-)
John Stumbles wrote:

I have still got an electric drill which was made by Bosch for Rawlplug. I bought it new when I first went into business in Essex back in 1975. Later moved away and got married, then went to work for someone else. It has never had any work done on it, except for replacement of the chuck and is so robust that when drilling floor joists with it I have actually put that much pressure on it, I stopped the motor turning. There is no hammer action on it which is why it doesn't get used these days. -- troubleinstore www.tuppencechange.co.uk

powerful
I have a B&D around that is over 25 yerars old.
On Mon, 10 May 2004 08:16:30 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"

And, I've got a B&D hammer drill that is 20 odd years old, but it hasn't worked for at least the last ten years though.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Lurch wrote:

Have I got this right, you've kept a broken drill for 10 years? It's probably time to chuck ( ha, gettit) it out.
What junk have the rest of you kept?
Nick Brooks

Me2: but it's not broken, just awaiting repair <g>
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser

Just don't even go there ...
--
geoff

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:38:44 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Nick Brooks

Not kept so much, just not been seen for a while. I've got an idea where it is.

I've got loads more useless stuff as well. I've also got, in the process of reconditioning for sale I might add, a DC04, a DC07, a Panasonic upright, two 110V Numatic 1000W cleaners, an electrofusion machine, a brand new aqua vac industrial wet & dry 30 litre cleaner, a Toshiba Strata DK280 PBX and handsets and a 19" CRT monitor, and that's just the stuff I can see!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Ah, one of them new fangled ones I suppose. I've got a quarter inch B&D that's coming up to it's 50'th birthday next year. Still works too - or it did last time I tried it a few years ago.
--
Mike Clarke

troubleinstore wrote:

I too have a bosch that I got for my birthday in 1980. It's a mains powered two speed hammer drill and still works perfectly.
However I hardly ever use it as I use an SDS for masonary bits and a cordless for everything else.
Nick Brooks

powerful
Are taking Maxie lessons?

Well thank the Lord I bought a Bosch on Sunday, no now I *know* it was the right decision, even before i use it for the first time. :-)
--
AJL Electronics
Home account classic.vispa.com

DIY
prices.
Wait and see. Use it seriously and you will see alright.
Dewalt 9.6V. Hell and back and still turning.