9 car pileiup M6..

somewhere oop norf.

be warned if expecting to use it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Southbound half a mile North of M6 Junction 16, now open again, shouldn't be causing problems much after 8, unless one of the rubbernecking muppets going North collects a new bonnet mascot. Queues currently back to Junction 19 Southbound and Junction 15 Northbound.

Score so far is 2 dead and a number in hospital. No information on what caused it on my local radio station.

Now, how do I delete this post once it's no longer of use?

Reply to
John Williamson

near Junction 16 Stoke on Trent, that isn't "oop norf". Norf Midlands more like.

Closed 18 - 16 it happened at 1120 this morning, with fatalities so I'd expect it to reopen fairly soon, well within the next few hours. The tailbacks will take a while to clear.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The world's first motorway pile-up was on the M1 at Luton. The world's second motorway pile-up was on the M1 at Luton, on the opposite carriageway, 5 minutes later...

That's not good...

In theory you could have put an Expires: header in with tomorrow's date/time, but many newsservers don't bother to look at these anymore. Another option is to cancel the posting, but similarly, many newsservers probably won't take any notice of your cancel.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's north of Watford; the Londoner's definition of oop norf.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Please don't tempt me to cast my opinions of the south.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

It was late this morning , between j16 and j17. I was on my way down from j29, came off at the M58 (j21 I think) and went through Liverpool. The matrix signs were showing warnings.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Angle grinder.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Steve, you will be pleased to know that I will soon be working in the proper North.

Reply to
ARW

Stupidity.

[snip]
Reply to
Steve Firth

"ARW" wrote: [snip]

Tssk, ITYM t'proper North.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I gave up wondering where the North was after first seeing (some 50 years ago) signs at Scotch Corner to "The North". I thought someone must be trying to confuse Southerners as to where they were.

Reply to
Robin

Why? There are over 100 miles of England up the A1 from Scotch Corner before you get to Scotland. ie about same distance as from London to Birmingham.

Scotch Corner is sort of North but you still have 30 odd miles to go before you get to Newcastle...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On the plus side it is not near Wales

Reply to
ARW

I'm a simple sole: when I saw a sign pointing me to the road to "The North" it seemed to me that where I were couldn't be the "The North so, despite what I'd been told, Yorkshire must be in the Midlands.

Reply to
Robin

But by the time you are up at Newcastle (or somewhere thereabouts) you are actually north of part of the border, are you not? So is there no "North" on the west side?

Reply to
polygonum

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Are you telling me that there were none on the German autobahns in the preceeding 15 years?

Reply to
geoff

Are you sure there's any electricity up there? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Perhaps they meant the North of Britain? Or just pointing you in the right general direction, same as the tube.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably 40 Hz, as life is so much slower up there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)