48 luxury rooms soon to be available

So that prisoners do not have to share a room.

I get all the best jobs.

Reply to
ARW

Out of interest, where do you get such jobs from?

Reply to
Pamela

Are the fittings 'prisoner proof' though ?.

Existing cells have stainless steel loos with no detachable seats so they cannot be ripped off the wall.

Reply to
Andrew

What if some of them want to share a room?

They do look quite nice actually. I wonder if I could get a couple of extra bedrooms craned onto my roof.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

presumably word of mouth

my joiner guy spend every summer putting up hoardings etc for Wimbledon, Well every year except this one

tim

Reply to
tim...

surely that's their problem

if the rip them off the wall they just have to crap in what's left

tim

Reply to
tim...

Must be fun in the depths of winter.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

Tender for them. In this case we are not the principal contractor so we tendered to the construction company not to the prison.

Reply to
ARW

This one is in an open prison so there is no need to modify the cabins.

You certainly are correct - you could not use then in a normal prison.

The CU is accessible, the sockets and switches have not got security screws, the cables are in PVC trunking not gavl conduit (even then you cannot use surface mount in a cell) plus all the ligature points that normal cells do not have.

Reply to
ARW

You've mentioned some interesting ones, including a hospital recently and now something for prisoners.

Reply to
Pamela

I do enjoy the fact that I get such a variety of work and people to meet.

We have not done anything so far at any schools relating to the virus but I suspect they will have to go the way of the hospitals and install sinks at the entrances. These will need a power supply as I suspect the taps will be automatic.

I would go mad if I was furloughed and had to stop in.

Reply to
ARW

They should produce prison-grade versions too.

Reply to
tabbypurr