4 foot fluresants

I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new) I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the connector as a part. Anybody know where I can get this small but vital part from. It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Without psychic abilities (and access to a time machine) I suspect no one can answer this! ;-)

At the very least, a make and model description or some good photographs of the part affected would be needed but seriously, it the fittings are 30 years old probably time to bin them.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Has the manufacturer got a web site? Do they list spares for this model or similar?

If not you may have to replace the fitting, or repair it by using a plug in end cap and some other method of holding the tube in place like terry clips.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I doubt its worth it. You can get the usual press-on ends, but one end pres= s-on and one end twist doesn't work well. I always hated those twist connec= tors, they break too easily, and can break tube pins too. I'd either fit sh= ort flying leads each end or more likely replace the whole fitting.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

DerbyBorn

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

DerbyBorn

You are wonderful. that is exactly what I need.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well I have some Thorne ones of that age and they are still good. They are not of the twist type though, they are of the spring away from the metal body type.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

scepticism was unfounded).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Gary wrote in news:45cMs.1$ snipped-for-privacy@fx23.fr:

I found a selection of them in a shop in Derby called The Lamp Shed. They had several types - I found an exact match for what I wanted.

DerbyBorn

I have phoned and orderd 2 from a very nice lady because I wanted to get the correct spacing for the pins. less than £8 ( just) inc p+p.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Gary