3D Viewer on 3D TV

Does anyone know of any software that will take a 3D model (ideally from something like Sketchup) and display it on a 3D screen so that it can be viwed with 3D glasses?

I don't necessarily want to do design that way but it would be good to be able to show others a design that just hovers in space and can be rotated.

Reply to
Andrew May

I vaguely looked a while ago ... I wanted to use the "3D" feature on my camera to throw a 3D picture via the TV.

You have to start with what sort of 3D your TV has ... at which point I rather gave up.

3D seems pretty much dead (again) - 4K makes more sense. 3D will only really catch fire when it becomes immersive - having experience 3D in a hemispherical cinema (La Geode) it is mind blowing.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

Output two time-synced video animations, each one playing from a slightly different perspective and then glue the two side-by-side in a video editing package? Then get the 3D TV to view it in SBS mode.

Or, if you want to do it live, perhaps could be done using two virtual machines in RDP sessions shown SBS showing the same model (again each different perpective). You'd share the mouse actions (er, how? Y-cable?) so that it identically does the same scene change to each.

That would be how I'd bodge it.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Never tried to do it. But try searching Anaglyph 3D software

Looks promising.

My TV is active glasses which is OK when it is dark but peripheral vision flicker will give you a headache in no time flat in daylight. I would only consider polarised 3D passive glasses in future.

Software above might also work on a PC with red/cyan or yellow/blue.

Reply to
Martin Brown