32mm flexible pipe for toilet

From posts a while back - I am installing a sanisplit - similar to sani flow but the motor can be removed separately.

Anway, the distance form the new toilet to the soil stack is about 4metre, no far but it would involve about 4 acute angles - nothing fancy - and certainly not 90 degree angles more like 45 degrees Now - I either rigid pipe with 4 adjustable compression fittings to create the angle - which I will get from screw fix BUT I was wondering, can you get like 32 or 40 mm wide - flexible hose in the length I need (I know U can get samll bits), which I can hook up - one at the macerator end - the other at the strap boss that goes into the soil stack. This would save me so much time, as it can then easily be moved etc.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Scott

You can, the stuff to get is Hepflex which has a smooth internal bore, unlike the Marley stuff you get in the DIY sheds. BES

but get their paper catalogue as their website is a last resort) do it. There's a flexible pipe in 32 and 40mm and end fittings to suit either solvent weld or pushfit (of course either suits compression, but the solvent weld fittings make a better fit as they're larger diameter).

As I mentioned in another post today I generally prefer to use solvent weld for most of a pipe run, with a compression coupling to allow access and a bit of adjustment. I'd be pretty much inclined to do this in the situation you describe; if you do use flexible pipe you'll need to support it at close intervals so that it doesn't sag and tend to allow the pipe's contents to accumulate and coagulate (whoooer!) in the pipe.

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Reply to
BillR

with pressurised macerated faeces. I'm sure I'm just being over cautious, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hepflex waste is available in 3 and 6 metre lengths for cutting & solvent welding on site, as well as the shorter prefabricated lengths.

Further details here: -

Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY