Connection of bar thermostatic shower valve to 15mm flexible pipe

Can anyone tell me the name of the threaded fitments I have connecting

15 mm flexible pipes to what I guess are 1/2 inch fittings on a bar thermostatic shower? For strength I have added a wooden spacer to the previously inadequate plasterboard support, so the existing fitments are not long enough - and it is a 30 mile round trip to the nearest plumbers merchant.
Reply to
Keefiedee

All of the showers I have fitted need a male fitting to the shower. these are not available AFAIAA in flexi fittings. Maybe if you could post a pic of the shower, the relevent fittings could be suggested? Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

For fitting a bar thermostatic shower, the fittings need to end with

3/4" BSP male bits on 150mm centres. When I fitted mine in a stud wall, I used one of these:
?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=51167&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submitThis provided a rigid fixing for the shower as well as having 15mm compression fittings at right angles for east connection of the supply pipes.

The shower itself came with a couple of 'dog-leg' (I don't know the official term) fittings - each of which was 3/4" male BSP at one end and

1/2" male BSP at the other end. I discarded these, but if I had used them, I would have needed a couple of 1/2" BSP to 15mm compression elbows for connecting the supply pipes.

What is on the end of your flexible pipes? Is it a female 1/2" BSP fitting intended to fit on a tap stem? If so, this would screw onto the fitting I used if you first removed the compression nuts and olives. If it's a compression fitting, you'll need short lengths of 15mm pipe between the two compression fittings (one each for hot and cold).

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes, a picture would help, but my card reader has chosen this moment to stop working.

What I am talking about here is a fully threaded 2.5 inch long fitting, with a male 1/2" BSP fitting at one end to connect with a tap stem, and a male 3/4" BSP fitting at the other to connect with the shower fitting. If it makes things any clearer, I have full access behind the shower wall.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in the first place - I just assumed everyone would know exactly what I meant!

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Have just noticed that this threaded fitting also includes a fine mesh filter at the point where the wider thread becomes the narrower thread. The cold side was quite clogged - this might explain why the thermostatic bar was really working very well.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Can anyone tell me the name of the threaded fitments I have connecting

15 mm flexible pipes with a female 1/2 inch BSP end to the female 3/4 inch BSP fittings on a bar thermostatic shower?

Unfortunately my card reader has packed up so I am unable to post a picture.

This is a fully threaded 2.5 inch long fitting, with a male 1/2" BSP thread at one end (to connect with the flexible pipe), and a male 3/4" BSP thread at the other (to connect with the shower fitting). I have also noticed that the tube has a mesh filter so would seem to be a dedicated shower fitting.

I posted about this before, but did not make myself very clear, for which I apologise.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Can anyone tell me the name of the threaded fitments I have connecting

15 mm flexible pipes with a female 1/2 inch BSP end to the female 3/4 inch BSP fittings on a bar thermostatic shower?

Unfortunately my card reader has packed up so I am unable to post a picture.

This is a fully threaded 2.5 inch long fitting, with a male 1/2" BSP thread at one end (to connect with the flexible pipe), and a male 3/4" BSP thread at the other (to connect with the shower fitting). I have also noticed that the tube has a mesh filter so would seem to be a dedicated shower fitting. I need to know what they are so I can get hold of a pair 1/2 longer (i.e. 3 inches)

I posted about this before, but did not make myself very clear, for which I apologise.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Have a look at Page 11 of

and see whether the connectors shown are what you're asking about.

Triton's default seems to be the "offset inlet connector" which, when rotated, provides a bit of compensation for the existing plumbing being in the wrong place. They also do a straight version - which may be what you're looking for.

Reply to
Roger Mills