300mm wide rads

i'm getting all the parts together to fit the central heating system to my motorhome,

Now i need a couple of 300mm wide radiators,

i just want bog standard cheapo rads, nowt fancy, i know they make them, but finding where to buy em from is not proving easy.

Google just throws up millions of sites selling those damn designer radiators, with designer prices to match of course.

I can get a 400 x 400 single rad for about a tenner, i expect a 300 wide rad will be a bit more expensive as it's obviousely not that common, but where on earth do you get them from?

even a 350mm wide rad would do, but rads seem to go up in round 100mm sizes.

Reply to
CampinGazz

Try :-

Frank Erskine

300mm high X 215 wide = £42 300mm high X 325 wide = £62 from:
Phil L

bathroom where i origionaly wanted a radiator but thought it's too small a space to put one in, so maybe i can stretch to £42 for one rad,

Wonder if i can put a radiator on it's side, there's loads of 300mm high rads about,

Reply to
CampinGazz

Ultraheat Compact 4 come in 300m wide, single or double panel, and heights of 400, 500, 600, 700, 900. A note against their

200 and 300mm wide rads says "vertical" in the "number of columns" entry, but there's no further explaination of what this means. I've ordered Ultraheat from a small independant plumber's merchant in the past, and they're in next day (or same day if you order very early).

As I posted in another message recently... Their website is at

but it's horribly broken. The Compact 4 range is decribed at
but that info is pityful compared to their paper brochure, and I couldn't actually find that page by following links from the main menu at all. Fortunately they have directory browsing enabled on their web server, and I found it that way.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

V nice rads but as you say, shame about the site, when will these tossers learn that Flash is neither big nor clever.

To o/p, these rads will likely have a greater output than the IMA ones that Phil L pointed out.

Reply to
fred

Yup, what a crap site, i can't find a link to e-mail them for prices or places i can buy their rads from, Bloomin google is really crap nowadays, all this sites paying to be listed at the top has ruined it, searching for anything with the word radiator in the search field throws up every site selling normal or daft designer rads,

even searching for 300 x 300 rads gets me all sites selling 300 x 600 rads, i want a 200 x 500 rad, a 300 x 600 rad, and either a 400 x 500 or a 300 x

600 or maybe even a 300 x 800 rad, but all google searches throws up the figures the other way round, i.e. 300 high, by the length, which is not waht i want... i'm almost tempted to turn normal rads on their side :)
Reply to
CampinGazz

The message from fred contains these words:

It's the web designers and their salesmen.

Reply to
Guy King

Why not use something like a Kickspace fan or a conventional car heater set on a very low speed. No need for complicated plumbing and it can be hidden out of the way under a seat.

Reply to
Matt

In article , CampinGazz writes

You didn't look that hard mate, this was at the bottom of the page on Andy's second link: Pitacs Limited Unit 7&8 7 Grovebury Road Leighton Buzzard Bedfordshire LU7 4SR Tel: 01525 379505 Fax: 01525 379170 snipped-for-privacy@pitacs.com

(which is dead)

I think you will need to contact them as there are very few hits on the web, suggest you use the phone as they appear to be a bit e-challenged

In case you're not joking, don't as about 40% of the rad output is generated from the fins on the back & you'll lose that when you turn them round.

Reply to
fred

In article , Guy King writes

Option 1:

"We're ready to show you the new web site"

"Great, show me on that 10yr old computer over there, the one with the dial up connection"

"er . . . ."

Option 2:

"How do you feel about Flash animation"

"You're fired!"

:-)

Reply to
fred

Havent got any seats in the bathroom to put one, and the seats in the living area bacome the bed at night, and have water tanks filling one side, and batteries, mains electrics, safe and so on on the other side, so there's just no room,

yet there's room to fit a few radiators on the walls... as long as i can find where the actually buy these slim rads that are made,

Reply to
CampinGazz

Only joking.. honnest, tho it's so fustrating that when ever i search or even ask in shops for 300mm wide rads, they say 'oh yes, we do a 300 x 500 no probs' yet it's a 300 high by 500 wide rad they really have, it's almost as if they are saying put it on it's side,

Hmmm, maybe i should just cut a 600 wide on in half to make 2 rads of the size i want :)

Reply to
CampinGazz

The message from "CampinGazz" contains these words:

Is there much space between the chassis legs underneath? I fitted a radiator under the floor of a wheelchair accessible minibus some years ago and ended up making up a box that took an old car interior heater matrix and fan. Two vents, one in, one out - sealed from the outside world so no fumes were sucked in, high up under the chassis, fed by 3/4" pipe with domestic pipe insulatation round it. Meant that when all the seats were removed there was nothing in the way of the wheelchair users.

Reply to
Guy King