3 gang switched socket

Just bought on of these from Screwfix (item 17315) and on the rear it has two earth terminals. Presumably this is to do with it being fused but any ideas how I wire it. I've only one earth wire coming in.

Thanks

JC

Reply to
Bald eagle

You get this on some doubles too. Sometimes convenient if you have side entry, or an unfused spur, or you can take one to the back-box.

If you've only got one earth coming in you are presumably on a radial or spur already.

Reply to
newshound

Just wire the earth to one terminal if you have just one earth wire coming in.

The reason for 2 earth connections is that it allows the socket to be used in situations where there are high residual currents and 2 separate earth connections are required.

Regards Bruce

Reply to
BruceB

Just connect the earth wire to an earth terminal on the socket. Simples.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Use whichever is easiest, and ignore the other.

(double sockets and above often have two terminals for a mixture of convenience and also to allow the use of high integrity earthing in situations were it is expected that high leakage current may be present)

Reply to
John Rumm