230v Wiring Terms Query Please

Hi there I need to get an electrician, to wire in a mains digital display thermostat, he should arrive next week. Meanwhile, looking at the wiring diagram supplied with the stat, as one does, I see the supply is marked 'Line' and 'AC'

Can I assume that;

Line = Live feed in AC = Neutral or Return

The reason why I am asking is that the loose paper wiring diagram printed on the Installation Instructions shows a connection from terminal 6 on the stat, to load (heating element), and then to Line. The diagram stuck on the back of the stat itself, shows from terminal 6, to load, to AC.

If anyone can define Line and AC, I would really appreciate it. TIA

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe

AC would be air con. ie cooling not heating.

Reply to
EricP

Agh, thanks Eric, it is marketed as a refrigeration stat, temp range -50 to

+150C

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe

Hopefully it also has the right connections for heating control...?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If the range is that great then I wonder what the sensitivity will be like Go on - spend £30 on a proper one.

Reply to
John