Wiring advice for a RM67 Roomstat

Hello all,

Ok, in principal, it seemed like a job i could do, but looking at the wiring diagram, it confused, at least I think Iam.

I have a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 combi and a Honeywell RM67RF room stat.

The wiring diagram for the combi, shows a connector for a room stat, with a live, a switched live, and a neutral.

The stat needs a 230V 50/60hz live and neutral, which according to the diagram then continue onto the live and neutral to the combi. It also needs a connection from the combi (it calls the terminal T1) to terminal "A" on the stat and one from T2 on the combi to "B" on the stat. This is labelled as 24-230V 50/60Hz, A-B 10(3)A and A-C 5(3)A (there is also a C D and E terminal on the stat, the B and C seem to be the switch to call for heat.)

I'm just not confident to have a go, and want to get it right in my head before I try it. Has anyone got any ideas??

Actually, thinking about it now, do I take the switched live on the boiler to the stat terminal A and the Live on the boiler to the live on the stat (so the switched live would be T1). That just leaves a neutral and a T2 to look after!?

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

From the way I read it you might want to try it this way.

Boiler live to room stat live and term 'A' Boiler switch live to room stat term 'B' Boiler neutral to room stat neutral

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Hi,

Thanks for replying, would that make bot A & B on the stat live then (well one live and one switched live)? Looking at the wiring for other appliences in the wiring diagram, this looks like it may work.

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Yes, the stat is designed to be able to work with low voltage control systems and therefore does not provide any power across the terminals. As you are needing it to work at mains voltage, and because of the way the external thermostat controls are presented on the control panel you need to run a live into the switching terminals. Trust me - I'm an electrician!!

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

I did matey, and it worked!!