22mm chipboard TnG prices ?

Dear group,

just visited my local timber merchant for ten 22mm chipboard floor panels.

They quoted me £7.50 a sheet inc VAT which is 50 percent more than B&Q's

18mm ?

Is this the going rate ?

thanks...

Jeremy

Reply to
brugnospamsia

In message , brugnospamsia writes

Was that their "best price"? Last time I bought a load of T&G chipboard I managed to get the timber merchant down to about 60% of his original quote (which started off more than the sheds), just by quoting other suppliers prices to him, got free delivery included too. It was quite a bit more than 10 sheets though.

Reply to
bof

just isn't "English" to haggle :-(

it's made me wonder if I might find these and mainstream stuff like 2x2 cheaper in builders merchants - I'll try Jewsons ...

Reply to
brugnospamsia

In article , brugnospamsia writes

A couple of years back, Jewson couldn't/wouldn't match the wickes price for chipboard T&G, they were about £1.50 a sheet more.

Reply to
.

I may end up having to take delivery of the other 10 sheets I won't need for a while, plus some of the 2x2 and thereby have more scope for doing a deal.

The annoying thing is that Wickes / B&Q don't carry the 22mm stuff.

(my Victorian joists are not conveniently spaced for 18mm chipboard)

Reply to
brugnospamsia