20mm (approx) Mild steel or aluminium tubes / pipes?

Hi,

Is there anywhere in North London or Herts that sells 2m length, approx 20mm diameter mild steel or aluminium pipes?

Thanks

Clive

Reply to
Clive

If 20mm plus / minus a bit, will steel elec. wiring conduit suffice? Also, B & Q used to stock various metal sections, not sure if the local one still does.

Reply to
4square

In message , Clive writes

Would 22mm copper do ?

any of the sheds or plumbing merchant

Reply to
geoff

In message , Clive wrote

Aerial masts? The smallest size is 1 inch (25.4mm) diameter.

(Maplin are not the cheapest of suppliers)

Reply to
Alan

I get mine from a place called MG Metals in Hamsphire. They sell aluminium and stainless plate, bar and tube in various dimensions. 20mm tube with 2mm walls is a stock item.

IIRC MG have outlets around the country.

You could also try ArenaStock at Letchworth, Herts is a big area to choose from so I'm not sure if that's convenient for you.

Steve Firth

See if Metal Supermarkets have a place near you.

robgraham

Clive wrote on 17/02/2008 :

20mm steel conduit from an electrical wholesaler perhaps?
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

ISTR that a lot of car aircon pipe is roughly that size in Al.

Could try an a car aircon place.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Metal broom/mop handle?

Camping shop (the poles used for tents/marquees break easily and shops that sell 'em usually do spares).

Neither if these is particularly strong, though, if that's a factor.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran