18 Radiators - would a Combi do?

We are in the process of planning the layout of our new extension, and would like to know whether we should reserve a cupboard for a hot water cylinder, or whether we could use a combi instead of a conventional boiler.

We estimate that we would need a total of 18 radiators to heat the house. Not will be of the same dimension, but for argument sake it would be safe to assume that the average one would be one that is large enough to heat a 3m x

4m room with a relatively low ceiling. In addition the boiler will also have to provide hot water for one standard-size bath.

Would a combi be able to do that?

We prefer a combi as we like the immediacy of the supply, and also do not want to waste a cupboard for the cylinder. We are also not concerned with the flow into the bath (as long as it can fill it in an "acceptable" speed), and have no plans for running any showers off the boiler.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JoeJoe